Re: W98 driver ATI rage mobility

Subject: Re: W98 driver ATI rage mobility
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 08:21:42 AKST

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 13:53, Greg Madden wrote:

> I am doing my google search but so far I haven't found a W98 driver for
> a ATI Rage P/M Mobility card. Its for my Sony but Sony doesn't support
> anything but XP. ATI doesn't have drivers for this,they say the vendors
> finalize the drivers. I would try a driver from other vendors if
> available.
> TIA

It only took four days of pain & suffering but I have W98 running on my
Sony FXA 63 laptop. The video driver was the key and I eventually found
one that worked on Fugitsu-Siemens site.

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/drivercd/Start_GB_Notebook.htm

BTW, Sony only supports XP and their support site is hard to use, nah
mostly useless. My Sony works well with Debian but lack of support and
some other minor hardware configuration issues don't make them useful
for my work.The hard drive is buried under the keyboard. A swap-able
hard drive would of been preferable to setting up a multi boot system,
esp when windows is involved.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.