Re: CUPS on Debian Woody

Subject: Re: CUPS on Debian Woody
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 07:54:11 AKST

On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 21:36, Damien Hull wrote:

> Looks easy enough. I'll give it a try some time this week.
>
> I was able to get the printer working by "apt-get remove cupsys" and
> "apt-get install gnulpr".

I switched from GNUlpr to cups not to long ago. I did it for
better/newer printer driver support for my printer. GNUlpr isn't current
on drivers but it works well for what it does have, or printtool works
well. I have a networked Brother 1270N laser printer.Cups, or foomatic
has a current driver that actually uses the toner savings feature &
higher dpi features of my printer.Cups also makes using a network
printer easy for us non-sysadmin types, aka, users :)

Cups 'just works' esp in Debian, whats up !! ;-)

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.