RE: (no subject)

Subject: RE: (no subject)
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 11:21:13 AKST

If you can talk to the router, the Linksys card is up and running. You
just don't have routing set up properly.

Are you using DHCP to set the card's IP address or are you using a
static address?

The easiest way would be to let the router get its address DHCP from
your service provider, even if you have a static address from your ISP.
Then let your box get its address DHCP from the router.

If your box need to have the same address each time (static), you should
be able to set the router up so that it always assigns your box with the
same address. As long as you don't change the network card.

If you're still having problems, it would be useful to know the contents
of your '/etc/resolv.conf' file.

Jim Gribbin