Re: Problems Installing a Epson 1200U scanner

Subject: Re: Problems Installing a Epson 1200U scanner
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 00:15:29 AKST

First off, check /etc/sane.d/epson.conf and make sure the lines dealing
with scsi and parallel port versions are commented out and that the line
dealing with the usb version are NOT commented out.

Next, you may have to edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and comment out the ones
you're not using in the list before it gets to epson. This is because
the sane driver detects the scanner by sending it commands for each of
these in order and sees what it gets back from the scanner. Sometimes
nothing comes back and the detection loop winds up waiting for a
response that never comes.

Jim Gribbin