Re: Bogomips, WAS Re: wlan-ng fix?

Subject: Re: Bogomips, WAS Re: wlan-ng fix?
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 12:45:53 AKST

Well, maybe I just hadn't figured out the register tweaks using set6x86
then. I do know that my laptop with debian and the 2.4bf kernel wasn't
running X as crisply as Lief's p133 laptop, also w/ 80 MB ram. I'm not
sure it is with the 2.2 kernel either, but it is noticeably better.

It might also be that that kernel had to much stuff running that I
didn't need. I didn't spend much time tweaking the kernel.

I do seem to have the power consumption down though. It was running
hotter and periodically restarting while connected to the battery
charger. I don't think it was keeping up. I can get about an hour out of
it on battery now - even with a bad battery.

Jim Gribbin