RE: SSL Error

Subject: RE: SSL Error
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 16:27:12 AKST

Sounds like you don't have a certificate installed for your webserver.

It's a pretty basic, yet tricky thing to generate a self-signed
certificate.

If i remember right, the apache website has a how-to for installing
one.
basically, if you have the OpenSSL package installed, you can use the
sign.sh
script to generate a self-signed certificate...

just sort of follow this basic outline in your webserver's conf
directory:

        openssl req -new -key ssl.key/My-server.key -out
ssl.csr/My-server.csr
        # openssl req -noout -text -in ssl.csr/My-server.csr
        sign.sh ssl.csr/My-server.csr

assuming you have sign.sh in your path..

I'm sure there are things missing, but this is what I've got in my
 "CertRequest.sh" script, sitting at the config root, which I
apparantly
wrote one day after forgetting how to do this for the umpteenth time..
:-)

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s