Re: LILO PROBLEMS

Subject: Re: LILO PROBLEMS
From: Mike Mintz (mikemintz@subdimension.com)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 22:14:52 AKST

In your earlier posts, you said lilo points to /dev/hda... Were the elipses
(...'s) implying there was more, like a number, or were you just using it as
punctuation? I have my lilo.conf boot= set to /dev/hda with no partition
number (for my MBR), and I set my active partition to my extended partition
that contains my linux, and I have a bootable flag on my linux logical
partition (I'm not sure how much of this is actually necessary but it works).

Another thing you can try is installing the mbr file with lilo -M I think.

But your error "cannot install lilo into a logical partition" suggests that
whatever your boot= is going to is not a primary partition, and you'd need to
change that.

 - Mike Mintz