Re: list description

Subject: Re: list description
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 11:08:48 AKST

On Saturday 28 December 2002 11:52 pm, Justin Dieters wrote:
> The list has zero to do with it. All the list does is forward messages
> it receives to everyone on the list. Any Replying, Cc'ing, etc is
> handled by the users and the e-mail program they use - NOT the list.

you are wrong , the list server can be set up to post only to the list and
not to the poster . That's how I set up the Valley list , SLUG , every
post and reply goes only to the list .....

> If you don't want to do reply-all, then type in your addresses yourself
> or use an address book. All easy solutions. The list is not a message
> board and it does not operate like a message board. If you don't have
> time or patience to cut-and-paste or type an e-mail address as a
> solution to your problem, then quite frankly, Linux is probably not the
> OS of choice for you.

shouldn't have too , what happened too the incluseness ? this guy is asking
a ligit question and your all over the wall .... This attude is why there
are several list , hell I can rember when you were a newbie and some of
the dumb questions you asked so clime off your high horse.

> As for 'oldbies' vs. 'newbies', there is a very good reason why RTFM and
> STFW are popular expressions. Most 'newbie' questions have been
> answered many many times, and solutions are posted all over the web, and
> even though we are a smallish group, you can search all the past
> messages sent to the list - there have been quite a lot of questions
> asked and answered, I personally have over 2400 messages in my 'AKLUG'
> folder, and that's just 4 months worth of mail.

Why is that his problem ? instead of giving him crap why don't you gently
steer the guy to the resources he needs to become familar with LINUX.

> Before this turns into some big flame war, I would recommend reading the

well , with your attude , it allready has ... What if everyone had treated
you this way when you first started ? you still be fumbling in the dark...

> preface of the Smoothwall FAQ - it contains some very insightful
> observations that anyone who posts to a Linux list/board/chat room
> should take to heart. It's only 20 short (i.e. large font) pages - it
> will only take all of 5 or 10 minutes to read.

just crap, if you are having problems and AKLUG won't help you just
ask on the other list , you can join our valley group SLUG , hell it was
formed because a few years ago I and three others ran into the same crappy
attude your getting from Justin .... Hell Justin keep it up it's good for
SLUG membership everytime you and your buds start a thread like this I get
more members for SLUG . http://www.slugak.com

Greg