Re: modem-mandrake

Subject: Re: modem-mandrake
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 14:51:34 AKST

To find out if Mandrake is seeing the modem, type 'cat /proc/pci' at a
terminal prompt. If you see something in the output about the modem then
the rpm you're looking at should help the application see the modem.

after downloading the application,
su to root, type
rpm -i LNUX_3ComMdm-1.0-1.i386.rpm to install, then run
3ComMdm

It should setup the modem where the dialer application can now find it.

If this doesn't work, write back and let us know the problems and
someone will try to help work it out.

Jim Gribbin