Re: Remote directory <-> local directory comparison

Subject: Re: Remote directory <-> local directory comparison
From: Brian ThunderEagle (furbs@mail.swjedi.net)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 01:39:57 AKST

PERL:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$file="/var/log/messages";
$size=(stat("".$file.""))[7];
print "size of ".$file." is ".$size." bytes\n";

or directly on the command line

perl -e '$file="/var/log/messages"; $size=(stat("".$file.""))[7]; print "size
of ".$file." is $size bytes\n"'

This will get you the size of a file directly on the system. Getting the size
of the file on a remote though I am not sure. I will have to look into that.

     Brian ThunderEagle
      - http://www.swjedi.net
      - furbs@swjedi.net
      - bthundereagle@aidea.org