Remote directory <-> local directory comparison

Subject: Remote directory <-> local directory comparison
From: Tim Johnson (tim@johnsons-web.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 21:21:32 AKST

Howdy:
    Here's one for you perl programmers.

Given a list of files: I'd like to
1)Confirm that a copy of any file in the list exists
  both on a remote directory and on my local machine.
2)Compare both copies to see if they are of the same size.
3)Possible (but not necessarily) run 'diff' against them

I program in rebol and python - (and can understand perl
enough to get me in trouble) I don't believe rebol can
do this reliably at all, and I'm not sure that python
can either, but will post those MLs too.

Thanks

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
      http://www.johnsons-web.com