RE: Networking

Subject: RE: Networking
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 12:30:23 AKST

Stan writes:
> Leif, there are two windows packages that might run under
> wine, at least for someone who knows more about it than I
> do ...
>
> http://www.edreference.com/default.asp

Just for fun, during lunch I:
started up an X-console across two tunneled ssh sessions
Downloaded 1.6.2-Beta
ran winex EdrInstall.1.6.2.beta.exe

Installer ran, just like in windows....click-wrap license not read...
Installed to C:\Program Files\EDR\

Received error 1911: "Could not register type library for file STDOLE2.TLB"
-- Ignored
Received error 1911: "Could not register type library for file RICHTX32.OCX"
-- Ignored
Received error 1911: "Could not register type library for file THREED32.OCX"
-- Ignored
Received error 1911: "Could not register type library for file scrrun" --
Ignored

Received a run-time error when the installer tryed to launch the program,
with
an "unknown calltype 48"

cd ~winex/c_drive/Program Files/EDR
winex EDRConvert.exe

Runs like it should...

apparantly 3 milliliters is about equal to 48 mils. Amazing..!

elapsed time -- 5 minutes.

WineX is transgamings port of wine, with enhanced installer support.
I have not tried this with any other version of wine..

http://www.lithonialightinggroup.com/visual/Support/WhitePapers/InfoLink.asp

> If you (or anyone else) gets wine to run them, I would be very
> appreciative.
> Especailly if you showed me how to do it :-))

My guess is that this will work too..