Re: Networking

Subject: Re: Networking
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 17:40:12 AKST

Greetings all,

Yes, this can be done. However, I prefer to have one point of
connection so I can set up a fire wall and have no concern about
setting up pppoe on each and every machine. Yes, I know one still
may set up a firewall using only one Ethernet card. I am way too
paranoid for this unless it is the only solution.

Regarding saving a slot: there are plenty of older boxen that can be
used to set up an Internet server as its only function. In this
case, slots are not a problem. The same goes for the second NIC.
There are plenty of cards around, but pci cards don't cost much ~$10
to ~$20.

ymmv. fgd.

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska