Re: Networking

Subject: Re: Networking
From: Jim Courtney (courtney@ieee.org)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 16:59:14 AKST

I do this with one Ethernet card. I plug all my machines, including the D=
SL=20
modem, into a hub. ppp0 is a separate interface that just happens to ride=
 on=20
eth0. This way other machines on the LAN can also see the modem and set u=
p=20
their own independent pppoe connections, although most people probably ha=
ve=20
no use for that. It works good though, and saves a slot.

Sorry if I have superfluous characters here. I understand it's a KMail th=
ing.=20