Re: Labels within Open Office

Subject: Re: Labels within Open Office
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 16:50:08 AKST

Mike,

I did a couple of pages of labels using StarOffice 6.0 under Linux and
the same labels using OpenOffice 1.01 on Win 98 as an experiment. The
procedures were almost identical.

The database was a .csv type, the fields in the first record get used as
field labels.

When you go to print the labels, don't use the 'file/print' menu
selection, use the 'file/Form Letter' menu selection instead. It leads
to the print dialog after building the labels

I can't think of anything else that might qualify as a gotcha other than
getting the mailing-list out of Evolution. Luckly I had less than 200 to
do. Wound up printing to a pdf file, converting to text, then pasting
that into a StarOffice spreadsheet and finally saving as csv. Evolution
needs an export function!!

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 14:43, Mike Barsalou wrote:
> Has anyone figured out how to get multiple pages of labels from open office
> using the database feature?
>
> I can get it to create one page of 30 labels...but that is it. So I have to
> select 30 labels and insert them with the Data to fields button for each
> page.
>
> Mike

Jim Gribbin <jewelrysupplier@gci.net>
Anchorage Jewelry Supply