Re: Help??

Subject: Re: Help??
From: Piet van Weel (cryonv@onlinemac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 21:21:26 AKST

Hey Matthew...

I remember having issues with SuSE in the past with dealing with the
modem. Providing that PC-CHIPS didn't put a win-modem in the system, you
may just have to go through and re-set your serial with the setserial
command. Ensuring that your correct ttyS = comX and that the IRQ's
aren't being shared.

I would hate for you to go through and spend the money only to find out
that it truly worked. However if you truly have to buy a new modem... I
prefer USR (now 3Com) external modems. I know it sounds archaic, but I
can tell a lot from the blinking of the lights... :)

Piet van Weel