RE: [aklug-ops] Trying to find something.

Subject: RE: [aklug-ops] Trying to find something.
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 14:11:08 AKST

John (and other gamers on the AkLug list..)

There are a few of us that run games under linux.

Currently, at home, i run mandrake 9.0

For games, i've got: quake, quake 2, quake 3, unreal tournament/2003,
half-life (+cstrike)
  tuxracer, and Jedi Outcast

i'm not currently running tribes or tribes2, but i could install them.

everything above has direct linux support, except for Halflife, Jedi and
tribes, if i remember correctly.

I'm currently running halflife and jedi under TransGamings 'WineX' and it's
pretty darn solid.

the games.gci.net website has an archive with everything you need for the
linux supported games.. just click on the downloads and walk around in the
various dirs..

Justin Dieters is also a fellow linux gamer and aklug'r.. he may have some
more
info as well.

Also, check out these projects/pages/docs:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Linux-
Gamers-HOWTO.html
http://www.linuxgames.com/
http://icculus.org/lgfaq/gamelist.php