Re: Bootp problems

Subject: Re: Bootp problems
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 14:35:03 AKST

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:42:57 -0900 (AKST)
"Tom" <thogland@alaskatech.org> wrote:

> I can't find a how-to on bootp, unless it says "use dhcp instead". The
> readme's say the same thing... I don't think dhcp is what I really want,
> since the jetdirect box doesn't talk dhcp :-)

Mine do. What model JetDirect do you have? I have two J2552B cards, and both will talk dhcp. These cards were retired years ago, and I would be surprised if the newer cards don't also support dhcp.

You might need to upgrade the JetDirect firmware if it is a really ancient one, or (probably just as easy) set a permanent IP by telnetting in to the card & setting it.

--link may wrap--
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/networking/support_doc/bpj02836.html
--link may wrap--

see the section on setting the IP address for the options. DHCP is mentioned.

Cheers,

James