Re: New Member

Subject: Re: New Member
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 14:46:20 AKST

Mostly documentation is the only difference. Some boxed sets will also
have either more free programs that you could otherwise download if you
wanted them, or they have some Commercial applications, like StarOffice.
  For StarOffice, at least, you can download OpenOffice instead, or the
download version of Mandrake already includes OpenOffice, iirc. The
deal with programs like StarOffice is that they charge Mandrake a
licensing fee for each set they sell, so Mandrake only puts it in the
boxed version, not the download version.

Also, most boxed versions now come with DVD's in addition to the CD's,
which makes it much nicer if you have a DVD-ROM, since it eliminates the
need to swap discs in and out.

Justin