boot failure

Subject: boot failure
From: Tanger (tanger@stefanhakenberg.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 17:11:42 AKST

Hello

I would very much like to use a software called MOL (Mac on Linux) in
order to access my OS 9.2 partitions form within Linux. Ever since I
have installed YDL 2.2 and then 2.3 MOL I have not been able to get MOL
to work. According to information from the specific MOL mailing list I
have learned that the 2.4-kernel that was made part of the YDL 2.3
distribution, kernel 2.4.19-4a, was faulty. I have experienced some of
the other indications for this problem as incapacity to successfully
install new software. The suggestion at the MOL mailing list is to
download a new kernel and install it. I have downloaded the 2.4.19
kernel and configuration and installation went without problems. Except
now, when I re-boot, the boot process stops here:

Welcome to Linux, kernel 2.4.19

linked at: 0xc0000000
frame buffer at: 0xb6008000 (phys), 0xd0008000 (log)
klimit: 0xc03e0420
MSR: 0x00003030
HID0: 0x8014c0ac
ICTC: 0x00000000

pmac_init(): exit
id mach(): done
MMU:enter
MMU:hw init
hash:enter
hash:find piece
hash:patch
hash:done
MMU:mapin
MMU:setio
MMU:exit
xmon uses screen and keyboard
setup_arch: enter
setup_arch: bootmem
arch: exit
openpic enter
openpic timer
openpic ext
openpic spurious
openpic exit

Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to what I should do.
My guess is if I could get around this boot problem and somehow get into
the files, I could check if the yaboot.config file is configured well.

For any help, thank you very much!

Stefan