Re: Strange goings on at ACS - was Re: unable to ftp

Subject: Re: Strange goings on at ACS - was Re: unable to ftp
From: Dan Wolf (dan-wolf@gci.net)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 05:32:03 AKST

I would be inclined to believe Someone was configuring access-lists on a=20
router or rule tables in a firewall that temporarily blocked FTP. In a=20
previous life I had to deal with a lot of different routers and most of t=
hem=20
will allow configuration by other means than the supplied software. Two o=
f=20
these that come to mind are the Nexland boxes which can be accessed and=20
configured by telneting into them and the D-Link boxes which also can be=20
telnetted into And contain a number of uh..... unpublished commands. Most=
=20
routers are designed to permit at least some form of low level management=
=2E=20
You might try an Nmap your router to see what ports are listening......
Dan