Re: Installing Pilot programs from Linux

Subject: Re: Installing Pilot programs from Linux
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 12:17:06 AKST

Make sure the 'files' conduit is enabled (Gnome Control Panel).

Start the PilotSync applet, under the applets/utility menu. I'm guessing
you already have this running if you're syncing with Evolution.

Grab a file(prc/pdb) with the mouse, drag it to the PilotSync icon, and
drop it on top of it. You may get a box asking or confirming which Palm
Pilot you want the program installed to. I'm not sure, it may only ask
you've setup more that 1 Palm Pilot.

It should install said file next time you Hot-Sync.

'gpilot-install-file' (has a man page) will also setup a file for
installation on the next Hot-Sync if you prefer the command line.
pilot-xfer wants you to install now (obviously), and I end up closing my
PilotSync applet or things get confused.

Jim Gribbin

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 11:45, Mike Barsalou wrote:

> This worked for me:
>
> from a terminal window I typed:
>
> pilot-xfer -i program.prc
>
> then pressed the hotsync button when told.
>
> Worked great!
>
> I would like to figure out that drag and drop thing Jim was talking about
> though.
>
> Mike

Jim Gribbin