Sendmail Setup (and IMAP)

Subject: Sendmail Setup (and IMAP)
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 11:47:32 AKST

Speaking of SquirrelMail, I just downloaded it, and I'm trying to get it
set up following their 'Quick Setup Instructions'. I can get to the
login screen, but then I get a 'There was an error contacting the mail
server' when I try to login. I have it set up to use sendmail, which is
pretty straight-forward, but I don't know anything about the IMAP server
that it asks for, or how I determine which one to use (cyrus/uw/etc)..
 I see I have a program 'imapd' but it is not running. Is IMAP something
I need for SquirrelMail to work?

Typically when I am away from my home computer I ssh into my server and
use pine, and then at home I use POP3 with Mozilla to download my mail,
if that helps any. My server runs SuSE 7.3 running a pretty basic setup
of Apache 1.3.20 and sendmail and ipop3d..

Any SquirrelMail folks out there that can help me out?

Thanks,
Justin