Re: configuring network devices

Subject: Re: configuring network devices
From: James Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 08:29:52 AKDT

I don't see anybody else throwing out suggestions, so I'll take a shot.

I've heard that some dsl-modems need to be power cycled if the attached
ethernet device is changed. Apparently they set themselves up for a
particular MAC address and the only way to change it as to cycle the
power. Or reset it in some fashion.

I don't know if ACS' modems are of this variety, but it's something to
try.

Jim Gribbin