Re: New members

Subject: Re: New members
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 21:26:36 AKDT

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 11:23, Chris Hamilton wrote:

> I would like to set up up a Samba lab, maybe at one of the Friday night get
> togethers? Maybe Brian over IDEA wouldn't mind a little Samba thrown into
> the Beowulf mix? I think there were some individuals at the Samba
> presentation that would really have benefitted from a step-by-step Samba
> installation, configuration, and deployment.
>
> If there are some aklugers out there with some lab space available on a
> Friday night or Saturday afternoon, please contact me so we can get some new
> members rolling in the right direction. I've got a few pentium 200's that
> should work well as the Samba guinea pigs.
>
> If there are new members out there who are interested in getting some hands
> on Samba training please contact me off-list so we can get an idea of how
> many members may be interested.
>
> If you are scratching your head reading this wondering what Samba is....
> visit http://www.samba.org
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris.

Good idea Chris. I would like to see some 'events' planned for Friday
nights. The IDEA place is big enough to accomodate a presentation & have
people do other things. It isn't just for clustering :)

Samba is a real key piece, if there is anything I can do just ask. I do
try to make most Friday nights & I have boxes if needed.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.