Re: New members

Subject: Re: New members
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 11:23:00 AKDT

"I really felt for Chris though since he was one of the very last presenters
and his equipment didn't work for him."

Thanks for the encouraging words Mike. I haven't felt that helpless in a
long while. 4th down, 1 yard to go and my server motherboard decides it
doesn't want to play ball anymore. Still haven't figured out exactly what
the hardware failure was, but I suspect it was the motherboard.

I would like to set up up a Samba lab, maybe at one of the Friday night get
togethers? Maybe Brian over IDEA wouldn't mind a little Samba thrown into
the Beowulf mix? I think there were some individuals at the Samba
presentation that would really have benefitted from a step-by-step Samba
installation, configuration, and deployment.

If there are some aklugers out there with some lab space available on a
Friday night or Saturday afternoon, please contact me so we can get some new
members rolling in the right direction. I've got a few pentium 200's that
should work well as the Samba guinea pigs.

If there are new members out there who are interested in getting some hands
on Samba training please contact me off-list so we can get an idea of how
many members may be interested.

If you are scratching your head reading this wondering what Samba is....
visit http://www.samba.org

Thanks

Chris.