Re: Remote backup systems...

Subject: Re: Remote backup systems...
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 12:53:35 AKDT

OK, Amanda may be a viable option. Anthony, you said you backup to a large
IDE drive. In reading the Amanda docs, I find no reference to using a hard
disk as a final destination; only as a holding place. Do you simply backup
to the "holding drive" and leave them there? Is this safe? Can you restore
from the holding drive?

Thanks.

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 23:11, Anthony Valentine wrote:
> I use Amanda also, both at work and at home.
<SNIP>

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks