Re: friday get together?

Subject: Re: friday get together?
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 08:33:20 AKDT

Yep.
Same place as the last meetings (before school started).
Mapquest almost gets you there, searching on "200 Centre Court":
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=200+centre+court&city=anchorage&state=ak&zipcode=&homesubmit.x=39&homesubmit.y=11>

 ... or see attached
The map doesn't show "A" street continuing south across Potter drive.
The big red star is about right for the parking lot. There are buildings
all 'round the lot, and IDEA's is on the east side. Front door is at NW
corner of building.

My blue '76 Ford Van-o-parts should be parked behind the building, as I
use the "A" street (alley ?) route.

Brian Tracy instructs the Beowulf Cluster and CISCO classes.
He posted an invite. His invite was addressed to "AKLUG", so I guess
Friday-Linux must be part of AKLUG :-))

Brian would really like to trade ideas and pick brains WRT the parallel
processing class. It's still being fleshed out.
Please pop in a few minutes on your way home from work.

If some of the IT EXPO demo boxes/servers show up, we have space for a
mock-up and dry run. CISCO class runs until 5:30, but the adjacent open
space is available while class finishes, if you are so early. Some of
the students are hoping we show before they get dragged away. Come
encourage them.

No, we won't have the space until midnight tonight, but there are a
couple box upgrades that need the bandwidth and mutual self-help that
Friday Linux promotes.

Dee, I want pointers in the "better" way to set SuSE on top of the
apt-get installer. Got a box ready for a re-install ...

Stanley Long
337-2303
337-6161

St
peter wrote:

> hey all,
> just curious if there is a friday get together this week and where. thanks
> in advance.
>
> regards,
> peter

-- Type: image/gif