Re: US Robotics external modem

Subject: Re: US Robotics external modem
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 15:38:02 AKDT

For the polarity, typically you will have a dot with a 'c' chape around
it, and then a line going to the dot, and a line going to the 'c', and
those lines will call out either '+' or '-'. If they don't have that,
then unless you can find some specifications online, or can take it
about and look on the PCB for any indication, there's not much you can do.

If nothing else, I would get one of those variable DC converters, and
start low and work your way up and hopefully you will hit something that
works before frying it :) The ones I typically see have a switch on the
block which picks voltage and polarity (and sometimes, AC or DC iirc)
and then they have a bunch of different connectors, usually in like an
plus-sign configuration.. very useful little doohickies :)

Justin