RE: US Robotics external modem

Subject: RE: US Robotics external modem
From: James Zuelow (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 15:28:14 AKDT

Flip it over, and read the UL label on the bottom. It should say somewhere
something like "Output Rated Max 12VA". On every modem I've checked, that
number is also the voltage that the adapter supplies. Numbers are usually
4,5, 5, 7.5, 9, 10 or 12 volts. Now whether the adapter plug is positive on
the outside, or negative on the outside is something I don't know how to
determine. Radio-Shack sells these really cool power bricks that let you
select the voltage, and you can change the size of the plug on the end to
fit your needs as well as change the polarity. Can't remember what they're
called though. :(

Hope this helps.

James