RE: Installfest feedback

Subject: RE: Installfest feedback
From: Mark-Nathaniel Weisman (mark@outlander.us)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 10:35:03 AKDT

Chris,
  I think that we should be seen as being current, so if we are going to
recommend anything to install on, we probably need to get the HCL
recommendations from each of the current distros. If you start down the
slippery slope of what you can install Linux on, you'll wind up with
80386 computers running stripped down versions of one distro or another.
By the way my 80286 works great, it and it's 16MB of RAM seem to be just
enough to provide Samba interaction with my Windoze boxes. I think we
should look at the latest distros for the recommendations, huh?

His humble servant,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President
Outland Domain Group Consulting