Installfest feedback

Subject: Installfest feedback
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 10:16:56 AKDT

Hi all, we are putting together a flyer with info about the installfest.

We are going to put minimum PC requirements on the flyer as well. So...

What does everyone think the minimum requirements for a PC running linux
should be?

I was thinking P166 (too slow?) 64 MB RAM 2 GB harddrive. I know it depends
greatly on the distro and usage, but we are just looking for some input from
others out there. Maybe we'll have 2 categories for requirements: desktop
and server. My thoughts are that the requirements for server/router can be
a bit lower.

Thanks.

Chris.