Re: Cat 5 wiring

Subject: Re: Cat 5 wiring
From: Jon Reynolds (jonr@destar.net)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 09:05:47 AKDT

Man! Thanks for all the responses to this question. Every time I went to
post another question about this someone else answered it in another
email!

         I am doing some wiring for a small business and they asked me if they
could use some of the wires for a telephone line. I knew about the
signal being degraded but I also knew that not all pairs were used. It
is going to be my recommendation that they NOT use the other pairs for a
secondary telephone line.

        After reading these responses I am thinking that it would be more
trouble than it is worth. I don't want to have to troubleshoot weird
errors and have them dissatisfied with my work.

Thanks for all the input and the great avice, I am going to follow it.
:)

Jon