Re: Domain registration

Subject: Re: Domain registration
bthundereagle@aidea.org
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 09:20:05 AKDT

     I got my domain name from registersite.com, they charge $20/year. They
have DNS included if you like, and you can also set up an external DNS server
as well, or use a external dns service such as zoneedit.com. I know there are
some services out there that offer domains for only $7.00 per year but you
really are paying for what you are getting usually. Verisign/Netsol I played
with a little bit while working on another domain, I didn't care for their
service. The whole site seemed confusing, was hard to navigate, and at one
point in time the e-mail password changed for no apparent reason, leaving us to
call in and have it reset manually. On top of that, I think using your own web
server is more convenient than paying extra for every page you want to make,
and having to use their pre-defined layouts is a setback as well.

     Brian ThunderEagle
     - bthundereagle@aidea.org
     - furbs@swjedi.net
     - http://www.swjedi.net