Re: Domain registration

Subject: Re: Domain registration
From: The Alaskan Bear (akbear@akbearsden.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 08:14:18 AKDT

I particularly like ehost.com They also provide everything, including
a web interface for their DNS servers. I know that I have 6 domains
registered with them, and I paid about $35.00 for 3 years or so for each.
They do have a decrease in price the longer you register and if you register
more than one domain at a time with them. I would recommend them to almost
anyone, even though I have tried godaddy and also like their service.

--
Ted Montgomery
The Alaskan Bear's Den

-- There are some things lots of money can buy ... -- -- For everything else, there is LINUX ... --

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:16:03PM -0800, R. Andom wrote: > > When I'm looking for a premium service I use register.com. They charge > $35/year but supply DNS services for you if you have a desire to use them > (included in the price). The DNS is easily managed via their web > interface and makes it easy if you have no desire to host your own DNS or > pay another provider to do it. > > After the slamming tactics Network Solutions/Verisign has been using > recently I've stopped using them if at all possible. My mother was a > victim - it took her website out for two days until we got everything > straightened out (since they didn't suck her current DNS info over). Since > she makes her living from Internet/Ebay sales it was a major problem for > her.. > > godaddy.com, joker.com and 123cheapdomains.com are the other providers > I/coworkers/friends have used in the past for cheap service (ranging from > 8-15/year). > > -Alan > > On 10 Sep 2002, Anthony Valentine wrote: > > > > > Hello All! > > > > > > Anyone have any recomendations on a domain registration company? Price > > isn't as much of a concern as good service (though, of course, I > > wouldn't mind cheap). > > > > Thanks! > > > > > > Anthony > > -- > > UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because > > that would also stop you from doing clever things. > > > > > > --------- > > To unsubscribe, send email to <aklug-request@aklug.org> > > with 'unsubscribe' in the message body. > > > > > > > --------- > To unsubscribe, send email to <aklug-request@aklug.org> > with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.