Re: newbie feedback

Subject: Re: newbie feedback
From: peter (descartes@bandemax.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 13:08:02 AKDT

hello everyone,
i've been a member of the list for a couple of months. i believe that keeps
me within the limits for newbie. : )

i'm currently running slack 8.0 with the enlightenment de.

as a newbie, i feel that it's probably quite important to understand $PATH,
permissions, and ownership as well as understanding the way the file system
for linux works.

once an individual installs a distribution of linux and they decide they want
to customize it for their own requirements, they may run into problems with
the above elements.

with respect to the it expo, i believe a couple page handout might be
helpful. the information will be useful and may even put newbies at ease
with their chosen operating system (a wee bit).

just an idea. toy with it. : )

ttyl,
peter steven house