Re: newbie feedback

Subject: Re: newbie feedback
From: i_robot (i-robot@gci.net)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 22:31:27 AKDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "peter" <descartes@bandemax.com>
To: "Mike Barsalou" <mbarsalou@aidea.org>; <aklug@aklug.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 1:08 PM

> i'm currently running slack 8.0 with the enlightenment de.
>
> as a newbie, i feel that it's probably quite important to understand
$PATH,
> permissions, and ownership as well as understanding the way the file
system
> for linux works.
>
> ttyl,
> peter steven house

I would have to agree with you Peter/ $PATH can get pretty ugly, and we all
know how well the man/HOWTO's are written.
I also think Slackware is prolly the best distro to start out with. With
most others, everything is done for you, and it doesn't really give the user
a chance to configure things, which I feel is important. Just my 2 cents.

Adam [i_robot]