Re: kernel 2.4.18 with suse 8.0

Subject: Re: kernel 2.4.18 with suse 8.0
From: David Edge (dedge@alaska.net)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 22:11:50 AKDT

I've also recently seen this on a Dell Latitude laptop with stock
SuSE 8.0 kernel. I just assumed it was being caused by a buggy
version of Cisco vpn client software. Whenever I'd fire up the
vpnclient it would soon lock up hard. Upgrading the vpn client
seems to have fixed that. I have about a dozen servers at work
with SuSe 8.0 and I've not had any problems. A recent post on a
Red Hat mail list might shed some light - perhaps a buggy driver?

list/msg09336.html

David Edge

>I was wondering if anyone out there has noticed any unstableness
>with the 2.4.18 kernel that comes with SuSE 8.0. I'm getting
kernel
>panics (my caps lock and scroll lock blink and the whole system
>freezes hard) every 30 minutes or so. My system is an Athlon
2200+
>on an ASUS A7V333 and an ABIT Geforce3 of some type, but
searching