Re: kernel 2.4.18 with suse 8.0

Subject: Re: kernel 2.4.18 with suse 8.0
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 10:28:41 AKDT

I'm temporarily running Mandrake 8.2 right now (kernel 2.4.18-6mdk,
iirc) and it seems to be running good so far, but I've only been running
it for a couple hours, and not hard, just enough to install mozilla,
openoffice, etc. The only real problem is that I can't get my CD-RW to
work - keeps saying it can't do TAO, but it works fine in SuSE.

I figure I'll put SuSE 8.0 on my beta/testing partition and play around
with it, maybe try to compile a newer or older kernel and see how it
goes. I've recompiled kernels before, but only what already came with
the distro, never compiled from scratch.. should be fun.. :)

Thanks,
Justin