RE: kernel 2.4.18 with suse 8.0

Subject: RE: kernel 2.4.18 with suse 8.0
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 09:13:40 AKDT

Justin Dieters writes:
> I was wondering if anyone out there has noticed any unstableness
> with the 2.4.18 kernel that comes with SuSE 8.0. I'm getting
> kernel panics (my caps lock and scroll lock blink and the whole
> system freezes hard) every 30 minutes or so. My system is an
> Athlon 2200+ on an ASUS A7V333 and an ABIT Geforce3 of some type,
> but searching through google I can't find any problems specificly
> related to my hardware and SuSE 8.0/kernel 2.4.18.

Well, i don't run suse, but I did have problems with the 2.4.18-8
kernel release for my Mandrake box (the 2.4.18-6 works fine) so
perhaps they're both addressing the same 'issues' but also
introducing the same instability?

Looks like 2.4.20 is going to be released pretty quickly. Lots
of changes coming round. Hopefully to be a nice stable release.