Re: .wpd Apps ???

Subject: Re: .wpd Apps ???
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 14:41:48 AKDT

Abiword is getting better and better :-)
It claims to read WP-6, -7, and -8 files.
I don't remember whether it saves into WP, or maybe defaults to
Rich-Text-Format.

Applix Office suite does Word Perfect, but Abiword opens multiple files
side-by-side. Abiword is smaller. Coordinate it w/ gnumeric and gnucash,
maybe even the GIMP, and you are on your way to the Gnome Office Suite.

Question:
Are these machines for the students or for the faculty?

If for the students, show them the tutorials and lesson plans for Python
(it can work for elementary grades even).

Also, put "xv" on the browser application-tools list for all GIF, JPG,
PNG, etc. If you don't know what it can do, give me a call (or bring
some kids to Friday Linux at IDEA's OLD office building. Yep, the blue
computer van should be parked across from the back door ...

Stanley Long
337-2303
337-6161