Re: Coming soon

Subject: Re: Coming soon
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 12:46:38 AKDT

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 11:04, Justin Dieters wrote:

> Unfortunately, I think Lindows is going to dissapoint a lot of people
> who buy it, either retail or preloaded, and expect to be able to fire up
> any program/game/etc just like they do in windows (and with no
> problems).. wine is a good program, but it is not 'ready for prime-time'
> quite yet and bringing it into such a big market as Walmart this early
> is just going to give a bad first impression to people...
>
> Justin
>

> Mike Barsalou wrote:
>
> >I got the most inexpensive one that I could. It had Lindows on it...which
> >is unfortunate, because It didn't work very well from my perspective. I put
> >RedHat with KDE....just cause I have Gnome at work.

The Lindows release that I looked at was based on Xandros. Now Xandros
is the code from CorelLinux, it was licensed to Xandros. Xandros is
based on Debian Woody. Xandros has not released their own version yet. I
think I am getting dizzy .

I also don't think Lindows is an asset to the GNU/Linux community.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.