Re: OpenSource (OpenOffice) @ IT Expo

Subject: Re: OpenSource (OpenOffice) @ IT Expo
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 22:42:03 AKDT

Mike whipped up an autorun for Windows, and Linux (RedHat, iirc) I made
the CD Labels, and I would be happy to make some up for this as well.
Mike also started a nice README file, which could be fleshed out with a
little collaboration to make it more comprehensive.

The Mini-CD's hold 180 meg, and the business card CD's hold 50 meg.
OpenOffice.org 1.0.0 is about 120 megs for Windows and Linux, without
sources or java runtimes. Sources are another 120 meg and java runtimes
are 50 megs.

I think it would be best to just use full CD's and just throw everything
on there. There is enough room that we could also put other open-source
software (mozilla, etc) on the CD.. (See my posts from about a month ago
regarding this idea)

We probably would want to decide what we would want on the CD soon, and
start gathering stuff together, but wait until a couple days before the
expo to burn them, considering how often new versions come out.. :)

Justin