Re: lost harddrive

Subject: Re: lost harddrive
bryan@ak.net
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 21:24:15 AKDT

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 09:17:04PM -0800, FeLoNiouS MoNK <codered@gci.net> wrote:
> heres a quick one im sure.. OK, i have an extra harddrive i use
> to hold overflow files that i dont need but might want in the future.
> The problem im having is that i had it mounted to /mnt/hdb just for
> an easy way to remember what it was ... well i unmounted it right
> before i went to asia and for the life of me i cant remember the
> command string to mount it again ..i know its ext2 but i run :
> # mount -t auto /dev/hdb /mnt/hdb but it wont mount .. i also used
> -t ext2 but it still wont mount it gives me the error

Yup, simple problem -- you forgot to specify a partition on the
drive. Try /dev/hdb1, for instance.

Of course, this assumes the drive is actually hooked up as hdb
(first controller, slave). If you're using devfs, I don't know
how the drive would be specified, but you still need to specify
a partition.

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net