lost harddrive

Subject: lost harddrive
From: FeLoNiouS MoNK (codered@gci.net)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 21:17:04 AKDT

heres a quick one im sure.. OK, i have an extra harddrive i use to hold overflow files that i dont need but might want in the future. The problem im having is that i had it mounted to /mnt/hdb just for an easy way to remember what it was ... well i unmounted it right before i went to asia and for the life of me i cant remember the command string to mount it again ..i know its ext2 but i run :# mount -t auto /dev/hdb /mnt/hdb but it wont mount .. i also used -t ext2 but it still wont mount it gives me the error
VFS: Can't find a valid MSDOS filesystme on dev 03:40
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

when i use ext2:
VFS: Can't find an ext2 filesystem on dev ide0(3,64)
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb, or too many mounted file systems

.. ok .. am i chosing the wrong hd.. cause its the right file system .. and if im not .. is there a way for me to figure out which drive it is supposed to be.. btw .. i checked in fstab and of course i didnt put it in there for some odd reason .. heeeelllpp!! im tryin to move some files to the other drive so i can wipe this debian off and put fBSD on .. thanx in advance..