Re: ftp scripts

Subject: Re: ftp scripts
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 10:16:39 AKDT

> Is there a mechanism to have an ftp script in linux like there
> is in Windows. I want to log into a number of computers to ftp
> some data extracts. I have batch files in windows that I can
> schedule and figure that there must be a way to do this in Linux
> also. In windows you pass a command file to ftp that it reads
> and then executes the commands in order. When I do a man ftp I
> don't see this option.

Why would you need to? There's a million tools that already do that,
from wget, LWP, to ncftp. And even before then, we always had Expect. . .

--

--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/ Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/ "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto