ftp scripts

Subject: ftp scripts
From: Mike Baker (mikelbaker@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 09:47:15 AKDT

Is there a mechanism to have an ftp script in linux like there is in Windows. I want to log into a number of computers to ftp some data extracts. I have batch files in windows that I can schedule and figure that there must be a way to do this in Linux also. In windows you pass a command file to ftp that it reads and then executes the commands in order. When I do a man ftp I don't see this option.

Thanks

Mike