Re: Java VM

Subject: Re: Java VM
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 22:20:40 AKDT

That should be correct. First off, make sure you are root when you
install. Second, from personal experience, I would recommend Sun's .bin
files, not the rpm. And lastly, if you are sure you installed it, make
sure your user account has read/execute access to the directory and files.

If you just need to run java .class or .jar files, then all you need is
the JRE. If you need to compile .java files (i.e. you don't have
classes or jars, just the straight source) then you will need the whole
JDK. (Someone please correct me if i'm wrong in thinking that the JRE
doesn't come with javac...)

Justin