Re: Java VM

Subject: Re: Java VM
bryan@ak.net
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 00:19:39 AKDT

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 06:52:57PM -0800, Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net> wrote:

> How do I find out if I have a java VM installed on my rh7.3 system? I am
> trying to install an app and it keeps telling me "No java VM could be
> found from your PATH environment variable" I just installed by RPM the
> java2 runtime environment v.1.4.0. I need to know how to find it so I
> can put it in my PATH. Any help would be appreciated.

You can use rpm's -q option to list the files in an rpm (or installed
from an rpm). If you still have the rpm, use 'rpm -qvlp filename.rpm'.
If not, you can 'rpm -qvl packagename'.

Once you have that, maybe you can see which directory to add to your
PATH. If not, ask here again.

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net