Re: apu pc's

Subject: Re: apu pc's
From: Adam Elkins (i-robot@gci.net)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 13:08:13 AKDT

Stanley Long wrote:

>Adam Elkins wrote:
>

>>Jim Gribbin wrote:
>>

>>>A lot of that stuff got stripped and tossed in the dumpster when we got
>>>kicked out of the network patch room.
>>>
>>>Jim Gribbin

>Adam, refresh my memory; what were the Kingstons?
>What do you need?
>We still have some '486 pancakes for firewall give-aways ...
>Mostly they were what James Gibbson had collected for a Beowulf cluster.
>

>>Thats not cool.
>>
>>Adam
>>

> ... my wife thought it was ;-)
>
>---------

I guess apu had a bunch of Kingston PC's (p2's or somethin in them),
they dumped them and got Dells, (Something to do with low-end
motherboards acting up) I remember Brad giving me a cdrom out of one way
back...I know you have some of the moniters that were with them (You
gave me one). I was just courious mostly. But, I am looking to setup a
bunch of workstations that ran off a single server, that way, as long as
the server could handle what was being run, it didn;t really matter what
the workstation had, keep in mind, it would be a setup simply to check
e-mail and browse the web from any room in the house. Nothing fancy. I'm
growing tired of these 486's....I need to move on. = )

Adam